What is the best-selling electric car in the world?
I am not a professional analyst, I just love cars and especially electric cars and I am really interested in their performance. What do electric cars 2019 models do for me? They are really appealing to me and one of my goals is to buy one in the near future.
I will also try to give you the latest electric car news available at the moment. I will show you the top ten electric vehicles and their characteristics.
- Nissan Leaf.
- Tesla Model S.
- BAIC EC-Series.
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
- Chevrolet Volt.
- Toyota Prius.
- BYD Qin PHEV.
- Tesla Model 3.
- Renault Zoe.
- BMW i3
Nissan Leaf is the number one seller in the world. And they keep ameliorating their product. With increased autonomy, increased power and greater ease of recharging the Nissan Leaf will lead you further than ever.
The new Nissan Leaf offers a new range of 226 mi, with a 62-kWh battery pack that extends the range. A new infotainment screen and a selection of power trains models to suit their driving needs.
- Some Nissan distributors have a fast charging station.
- Near empty and with a 240-volt charger it takes around 7 hours for recharging.
- Take advantage of government programs for electric vehicle buyers.
- Advance driving features like Pro-PILOT assist.
- Innovative e-Pedal lets you accelerate and brake with only one pedal.
- Charge with ease with a 240V home charging.
- Nissan roadside assistance is on us; flat-tire changes, trip interruption benefits, out of charge, vehicle lockouts, towing service.
2-Tesla Model S
Tesla Model S is the second best electric car seller in the world. They are very cheap to use. Depending on where you live on the planet governments often offer an allocation for buying an electric vehicle.
Almost silent running. Range anxiety is still an issue. Ease of leasing. Charging time can be a turn-off for some buyers. The fast heating system of the vehicle in winter.
- 100-kWh battery and Premium Upgrades package are now standard.
- Electric range impressive; over 300 miles.
- Super quick acceleration.
- Abundant cargo space.
Baic is the number 3 worldwide for his unit’s sales. This is the first Chinese electric car I am enquiring about. Let’s not forget that China has a population of way more than a billion people.
They own 8% of the plug-in electric vehicle market share in China in December 2018. The Baic sales for 2018 were over one million vehicles sold.
BMW own 2% share and Tesla and Nissan 1% share in the Chinese market.
- 215 hp; 260mi NEDC (New European Driving Circle).
- Baic cars are sold in Mexico and South Africa.
- From Mexico, they are sold in the US and Canada.
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
Mitsubishi is a Japanese Corporation and is the 4th best seller of the electric/gas vehicle in the world. It’s electric. It’s gas. It is the best of both worlds. They offer you together, blind spot warning with lane change assist to prevent any intrusion in your blind spot.
- The 2019 Outlander PHEV seats 5 comfortably.
- A new rear USB port and rear seat vents for more comfort.
- One of the best warranty in the industry. 10 years/100,000 mi for PHEV Components Limited Warranty, Main Drive Lithium-ion Battery Limited Warranty, and Powertrain Limited Warranty.
- Basic new vehicle limited warranty 5 years/ 60,000 miles.
- Anti-corrosion/perforation limited warranty 7 years/ 100,000 mi.
- Roadside assistance 5 years/ Unlimited miles.
Chevrolet Volt is the 5th best electric/gas car seller in the world. GM decided in early 2019 to stop manufacturing the Volt. They will double the resources allocated to electric and autonomous vehicle program.
They intend to prioritize future vehicle investments in its next-generation battery-electric architectures. It’s been rumored that Chevrolet is working on a plug-in crossover replacement for the Volt more in line with market trends.
- In March 2019 they will end the production of the Volt!
- What are the technical changes to the Volt 2019 during the first 3 months of the year?
- Offering 53 electric miles and up to 420 miles with a full charge and a full tank of gas the 2019 Volt plug-in hybrid offer you to go as far as you like.
- You can beneficiate the federal tax credit of up to $7,500 while it’s still available.
- 1,100 miles between fill-ups with regular charging.
Toyota Prius is in the 6th position in our list of the best selling electric/gas vehicle. The new Prius 2019 AWD-e will be offered as an option.
The Prius will be offered in two version, the Base and the Technology grades. Both models will be offered the AWD-e as an option plus Technology with Advanced package.
- Toyota unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show 2018 his 2019 Prius.
- The all-wheel-drive Prius packs an additional electric motor for driving the rear axle.
- They estimate that 25% of their US sales could come from their Prius once the AWD-e is available.
- Two new colors are available, Supersonic Red and Electric Storm Blue.
The number seven in our list of bestseller electric/gas cars worldwide is another Chinese vehicle. The BYDQin PHEV is an FWD four-door Sedan.
- If their growth rate continues during the year (2019) they should show shares above 10%.
- Their Domestic market is more than enough to absorb current Chinese production.
- The Qin is assembled in Shaanxi, China.
- The new BYDQin the best looking Chinese sedan.
8-Tesla Model 3
Since they came out Tesla has always been my favorite electric car on the market. I know that they are not perfect and they have competition but if I would have the money this is the car I would choose.
As an amateur that loves cars and especially electric cars, I will give you information based on my own experience, my own taste, and my own research. I am not a guru, only a normal guy.
Now let’s see what the Tesla 3 has to offer;
- Range (EPA est.) 325mi
- Dual motor AWD
- 0 to 60 mph in 3.2s
- Keyless entry.
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and music streaming.
The Tesla 3 comes bare-bones, the price entry is $35K US and you can boost the price toward the $70K + range. The most expensive options being;
- A bigger battery pack will cost around $9,000 US dollars.
- Premium Upgrades Package for $5,000 US dollars.
- Any other color than black cost $1,000 US dollars.
- A set of Sportier-looking wheels. $1,500 US dollars.
- Enhanced Autopilot. $5,000 US dollars.
- Full Self-Driving Capability. $3,000 US dollars. (not available yet)
Before considering buying, some questions you may ask yourself.
- Are they reliable in the long run?
- When do we replace the batteries and at what cost?
- The announced autonomous, are they real?
- What are the autonomy in ”extremes” conditions? If you use the climatization, the radio, the GPS, the front led, 5 people on board and a car trunk full?
- If I leave my car in the garage for one week, what happens with the batteries?
- What kind of performance do the batteries offer with the temperatures changes?
The 9th place goes to Zoe by Renault, an all-electric city car. The number 1 electric car seller in France. Voted best electric car in England for 4 years in a row.
- Supermini 5 doors electric car.
- Seating 5.
- Range; 250 miles.
- Front End Motor.
- Bose audio system.
- Multimedia system.
Finally, our number 10 of best selling an electric car the BMWi3 an all-electric sedan is offering an optional petrol/gasoline range extender.
Sportier i3 adds $3,200 to the bottom line. Range-extending gas engine adds more than $3,800 to the price. The i3 qualifies for a federal tax rebate up to $7,500.
BMWi3 electric car is comparatively expensive and lacks key features for its price. 4-years/50,000-mile warranty, better than most of its rivals.
- Range; 153 miles.
- 4 passengers doors. (rear doors are small)
- 4 seater but a tall person may disagree.
- 10.2-inch infotainment screen.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
Electric Car News!
- Norway is considering banning gas car by 2025!
- More and more manufacturers will offer an autonomy of 300km (186 miles).
- Good news, it will be another record year for EV hitting the road.
- Audi e-tron should arrive on the market early this year.
- Tesla Model Y will be unveiled on March 14, 2019.
- Kia e-Nero has an official range of 282 miles.
- Tesla announces his unanticipated decision to sell his car online only and abandon physical locations.
- The all-new fully electric Fiat 500 scheduled for next year.
- In 2019 about 10 new plug-in cars will be added to the already offer of 40. EV and plug-in hybrids.
- The number of charging station is small but growing.
- Lack of charging structures is one of the biggest hurdles in India’s EV growth.
- In the next 10 years, 40% of all new vehicles will be sold to millennials.
I hope you enjoyed reading my post. All of this is was made possible with the training offered by Wealthy Affiliate. If you ever have considered having your own website Wealthy Affiliate is certainly the place to do so.
Register for free and start almost immediately your site. Your name your email and you are ready to try their free offer. No credit card number needed!
If you have any comments or questions please leave them below in the reply section and I will get back to you as soon as possible.